YouTube is huge and immensely popular among global viewers. You definitely don’t have any idea that the video content uploaded to YouTube every two months or 60 days is more content than the three U.S. major television networks created in 60 years. Well, we bet you didn’t know about this. There are tons of such astounding facts that you don’t know. Today it has grown into such a vast dimension that YouTube now has tutorials, reviews, videos, music videos, skits, etc. It has content so massive that it is enough to satiate the entertainment needs of anyone.
Why do teens like YouTube?
YouTube is a free to use service and a can be a great space for teens to discover things they like. For many young people YouTube is used to watch music videos, comedy shows, how to guides, recipes, hacks and more. Teens also use the video sharing service to follow their favourite vloggers (video blogger), subscribe to other YouTubers and celebrities they are interested in.
Is there an age restriction to use YouTube?
To set up a YouTube account users must be 13+ years of age. However users do not need to sign-in to access the website or to view videos. There is however a YouTube kids version now available to download for free. YouTube kids is designed for children aged 3-8 years old and makes it easier for children and parents to find content they are interested in.
What are the risks?
YouTube is a great place to discover new things, learn and get entertainment, however there are some things parents and teens should be aware of when using the service.
Facts and Numbers
- The very first YouTube video was uploaded on 23 April 2005.
- The total number of people who use YouTube – 1,300,000,000.
- 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute!
- Almost 5 billion videos are watched on Youtube every single day.
- YouTube gets over 30 million visitors per day
- In an average month, 8 out of 10 18-49 year-olds watch YouTube.
- By 2025, half of the viewers under 32 will not subscribe to a pay-TV service.
- 6 out of 10 people prefer online video platforms to live TV
- The total number of hours of video watched on YouTube each month – 3.25 billion.
- 10,113 Youtube videos generated over 1 billion views.
- 80% of YouTube’s views are from outside of the U.S.
- The average number of mobile YouTube video views per day is 1,000,000,000
- The average mobile viewing session lasts more than 40 minutes. This is up with more than 50% year-over-year.
- Female users are 38% and male users are 62%.
- User Percentage by Age 18-24 – 11%, 25-34 – 23%, 35-44 – 26%, 45-54 – 16%, 50-64 – 8%, 65+ – 3%, unknown age – 14%.
- More than half of YouTube views come from mobile devices.
- YouTube’s mobile revenue is up to 2x y/y.
- YouTube overall and even YouTube on mobile alone reaches more 18-34 and 18-49 year-olds than any cable network in the U.S.
- The number of hours people spend watching videos (aka watch time) on YouTube is up 60% year-over-year, the fastest growth we’ve seen in 2 years.
- You can navigate YouTube in a total of 76 different languages (covering 95% of the Internet population).
- YouTube has launched local versions in more than 88 countries.
- 9% of U.S small businesses use Youtube
- Approximately 20% of the people who start your video will leave after the first 10 seconds. Create a damn good intro.