No-Chop Skillet Chili
American food recipe – No-Chop Skillet Chili
Ingredients For No-Chop Skillet Chili
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 12 ounces 95%-lean ground beef
- 1 (15 ounces) can no-salt-added red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 14.4-ounce package frozen sweet pepper and onion stir-fry vegetables
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package reduced-sodium taco or chili seasoning
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sugar ketchup
Method For No-Chop Skillet Chili
- Light firewood or charcoal and let campfire burn down to medium-hot embers or coals. Top with a grill rack.
- In a 10-inch cast iron skillet heat oil over the campfire. Add ground beef; cook until browned. Stir in the next five ingredients (through chili powder). Cook 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in ketchup.
- Let stand 15 minutes to allow flavors to blend. If desired, top servings with cheese, yogurt, olives, green onions, and/or cilantro.
Read: Top 10 American Recipes.